This policy will explain how we collect, store, use, disclose and manage your personal information (Policy).
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to the collection, use, storage, disclosure and management of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
In this Policy, ‘personal information’ includes any information, opinion, whether true or not, that is capable of identifying an individual.
Our primary business activity revolves around shopping centres and related services.
Collecting personal information
We generally collect personal information in the following ways:
- directly, or indirectly from you;
- indirectly from you, when you communicate with our team by telephone, email, face-to-face, or through online and social media interactions;
- when you participate in our surveys or promotions; and
- when you use our website.
Whenever you interact with us, your personal information may be collected. The type of personal information collected will depend on the nature of your interactions.
We may collect any personal information that may be required to assist your dealings and interaction with us, including (but not limited to):
- information about your preferences or requirements that are relevant to our products and services;
- information about your identity (including name, date of birth, gender, visa or residency status, identification documents, address, email, telephone and mobile number);
- your device type or ID, location information, IP address, browsing information and any personal information you may provide to us directly or indirectly through our website and mobile applications; and
- your preference of our products, services, facilities and lifestyle activities.
Your personal information may also be collected from third parties, such as:
- credit reporting bodies, law enforcement and government entities;
- marketing agencies, data collection and research organisations; and
- other individuals.
You do not have to provide personal information to us. You can choose to deal with us anonymously. However, if you decide not to provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with products or services that are tailored to your needs.
Purpose of collecting personal information
We collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- for security and risk management purposes;
- for the general management and conduct of our business;
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to do business with you;
- to help manage, develop and enhance our services (including websites);
- to investigate incidents; and
- to provide and market our products and services.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose it was collected for (or a related purpose) unless we first obtain your consent to that purpose, or we are permitted to do so by law.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected for (or a related purpose) to the following:
- other companies, service providers and individuals who assist us to perform certain functions on our behalf, such as hosting and data storage providers;
- other companies, services providers and individuals who assist us with provision of our services;
- regulatory authorities, police, government agencies or where required by law;
- our related parties and entities; and
- social medial channels which we have a presence on (such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn and WeChat).
Where personal information is disclosed to a third party acting on our behalf, we will request for such third parties to not use your personal information for their own purposes and to comply with this Policy and the applicable law in your state and country.
Our third-party service providers may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products, services, discounts and special promotions that may be of interest to you, including any offers or promotions based on our products and services.
These communications may be sent in different forms, including telephone, mobile, post, fax, email, SMS, or any other form of electronic communication.
When you provide us with your contact details, you consent to us and our third-party service providers to send you direct marketing messages.
Unsubscribing from marketing communications
You can unsubscribe from any, or all, of the direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us using one of the following methods:
- by telephone on (02) 8863 2100;
- by email to [email protected]; or
- by post to Portico Plaza, 17-19 Aurelia Street, Toongabbie NSW 2146.
For email communications you will be able to find a link to unsubscribe, usually towards the bottom of the email.
If we are providing services to you, there may still be a requirement for certain communications to be made to you in providing these services or products as required by law.
Updating personal information
If you would like to update, access or correct your personal information that we hold, you can contact us using the methods listed above. Depending on the nature of your request, we may require further information to verify your identity or ask you to put in writing the information you need. There may be instances where access cannot be granted to your personal information (for example, legal exception or breach of confidentiality), and we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format. The confidentiality and security of your personal information is important to us, and reasonable steps will be taken to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We use several physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
However, given the nature of the internet, there is always a risk that an unauthorised party may find ways to overcome our security measures, and it is not possible to guarantee the security of your personal information. You should also be aware that email communications are usually not encrypted and should not be considered secure. Where required by law, we will notify you and the relevant regulatory authorities of data breaches affecting your personal information.
When we no longer need your personal information, reasonable steps will be taken to destroy it.
Third party links
Our website and mobile applications may contain links to websites owned and operated by other parties. When you click on these links, you are leaving our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content on such websites. You should read the privacy policies and other terms that apply to those websites as they may differ from this Policy.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, or would like to make a complaint, please direct them to us using one of the communication methods identified above.
We will investigate your complaint after our investigation and contact you to advice the outcome and invite a response to the findings.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to take into consideration new laws and technology, and changes to our business operations and practices.
Effective Date: July 2022